How do you change the font in WordPress without changing the code?
The answer is so easy, but it took me a long time to hunt it down, so I want to share it here and hopefully help others find the answer faster than I did!
How To Change the Font in WordPress Without Changing the Code
1. Install the free WP Google Fonts plugin and click Activate.
You don’t need to go through the link above, you can start in your WordPress Admin panel:
- Click “Plugins” (it’s in the left margin in your WordPress Admin panel).
- Click “Add New”.
- Type “WP Google Fonts” in the Search Plugins box.
- Click “Install” in the WP Google Fonts box.
- Click “Activate”.
2. Go into the WP Google Fonts Settings and choose your Google fonts.
- You can view a text snippet of the full list of Google fonts here. The plugin allows you to choose up to 6 different fonts to use for the various headings but you should not use more than two or your blog will look messy. I keep it simple and clean and use the Open Sans font for everything.
- Click “Save all fonts” when you’re done, and refresh your site to see your new fonts—no coding needed!
One of the most frustrating things about blogging is the time it takes to research how to get started blogging! Any time you post blogging advice, make sure to include your affiliate links to the hosting and site design companies you use, so people can easily find a company they can trust to support their blog(s)!
All Day Mom uses Host Gator for domain names and hosting. Get hosting for less than $10 a month, even if you pay month to month!
The Host Gator affiliate program is available through. Brands I promote include Target and Hotwire!
All Day Mom uses the Eleven40 child theme with the Genesis framework. Check out all StudioPress child themes!
The StudioPress affiliate program is available through Share a Sale. Share a Sale is a great affiliate program for beginning bloggers because you don’t have to have a minimum number of page views or social media followers to be approved to promote brands! Brands I promote include Gymboree, Shutterfly, Zulily, and Craftsy. Sign up for Share a Sale here!