Here’s an easy recipe for a football party that just takes 2 minutes and 3 ingredients! Football Cheese Ball! Habanero Cheese Ball: it’s spicy!
Serve the football cheese ball with crackers, or celery and red peppers for a Keto appetizer option.”
This post includes affiliate links.
Habanero Cheese Ball Football Recipe
- 5 raw habanero peppers, stems removed; divided (use 1 whole pepper for a warning on the platter (“spicy!”) and slice 1 into strips for football laces)
- 8 oz (1 brick) cream cheese
- ½ tsp salt
- 4 oz sharp white cheddar cheese
- In a food processor, pulse 3 habanero peppers, cream cheese, and salt until mixed.
- Using a Microplane, grate the cheese into the food processor.
- Pulse until mixed; scrape the sides of the food processor as needed.
- Transfer the Habanero Cheese onto a square of plastic wrap, pull up the ends and twist into a ball, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Shape into a football, unwrap from plastic wrap, and transfer to a serving platter.
- Use strips of habanero peppers for the football laces. Serve with crackers and/or celery.
Easier: Use my food processor to mix the cheese mixture AND grate the cheese at the same time so you can mix everything at once and be done in 2 minutes! Most food processors only work with 1 blade at a time. It’s less than $40 and the best food processor I’ve ever used!”
The very best results are with a Microplane though: the super fine grate helps the cheese blend invisibly into the cream cheese for a smoother cheese ball.
Another version of this Habanero Cheese Ball: