My love for Amazon is second only to my love for Google. I realized the depth of my Amazon devotion—and dependency!—a few weeks ago when I had to rush around town and shop in brick and mortar stores to find specific items for our Mickey’s Halloween Party costumes that I couldn’t find on Amazon Prime. Technically, the things I needed were on Amazon, but not with Prime, so I couldn’t buy them. I only only only buy Prime items from Amazon because:
- I get free 2-day shipping.
- Many items offer free returns.
- Prime items are backed by Amazon in case anything goes wrong.
My Amazon Prime Membership pays for itself each November thanks to the hundreds of dollars in shipping costs I save when I buy Christmas gifts (and I don’t have to add items to hit silly minimum free shipping thresholds or wait for a free shipping day or coupon code). There are dozens of ways to justify an Amazon Prime membership but I actually make money off my Prime subscription thanks to the tip I’m sharing here today:
How to Get Free Movies on Amazon Prime!
[Affiliate links in this post are for your convenience and offer free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime. Get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime!]
1. Go to Amazon through Ebates. Only a few categories offer an Ebates rebate, and categories rotate often, but I make it a habit to always start my online shopping at Ebates so I never miss a cent of cash back!
2. Put one item you need in your Amazon cart and choose FREE No-Rush Shipping to get a $1 credit for eBooks, digital music and videos.
3. Place your order.
4. Repeat, ordering one item at a time and choosing Free No-Rush Shipping each time, until you’ve ordered everything you need (for today!).
That’s it! You’ll earn $1 credit to use on Amazon Prime videos for each item you order when you choose Free No-Rush Shipping! (You can also use your credits to buy ebooks and music!) Keep reading for a Bonus Tip!
We have a basic satellite package and we don’t subscribe to any movie services like Netflix. We’ve also stopped buying movies—even Disney movies!—because they just make clutter. Furthermore, I’m too lazy to drive to the Redbox.
By choosing Free No-Rush Shipping and ordering one Amazon item at a time, I rent free Amazon Prime movies whenever I want—even if the price to rent says $5.99! That $5.99 price becomes $0 thanks to 6 items I bought from Amazon. I order at least two dozen items from Amazon each month. That means I can rent four $5.99 HD videos a month without spending a dime (or starting my car!).
Bonus Tip: Choose Free No-Rush Shipping and STILL Get Your Items in 2 Days!
You have to plan ahead to get $1 Amazon Video credits using Free No-Rush shipping, because you may have to wait as long as a week for your items to arrive.
I’m not always that organized! There’s usually something in my Amazon order that I need to get fast with 2-Day Prime shipping.
- I order the item I need fast with “Free 2-Day Shipping”.
- I go through my wishlist and look for any items I need to order in the next two weeks.
- I order one item at a time, and choose “Free No-Rush Shipping” for each item to get a $1 movie credit for each item.
Surprise! Almost every time, my “Free No-Rush Shipping” items arrive in 2 days—in the same box as my “Free 2-Day Shipping” item!
What I Bought Monday: Amazon
We just moved so the items I bought on Amazon this week are weird. I needed the magnesium fast, so I ordered that item with Free 2-Day Shipping. I ordered the rest of the items one at a time, and scored $5 in Amazon Video credits! We’ll definitely be using those credits to rent Pixar’s Inside Out movie on November 3 for free!
- The best magnesium supplement. Read why here.
- These retro standbys, because our rental fridge doesn’t have an icemaker.
- This BPA-free & phthalate-free bin to hold the ice.
- A stainless steel ice scoop so nobody puts their germy hands in the ice bin.
- A magnetic fridge hook for the ice scoop. Storing an ice scoop in the ice is just as germy as putting your hands in it!
- A leaf skimmer for the pool because in Phoenix, it’s always swimming season!
Delivery Update: Every item I ordered on Monday arrived Wednesday, plus I scored $5 in Amazon Video credits!