Ice cream for breakfast? Yes!
Jameson has been eating this Paleo Chocolate Banana Ice Cream for a week straight—for breakfast. It’s so simple it hardly needs a recipe, just 2 ingredients and 30 seconds. Cost per serving with organic bananas is just 38 cents!”
Paleo Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
Ingredients (per serving):
- 1 banana, frozen in chunks
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- Freeze bananas in 1″ rounds. (Freeze the slices flat on parchment paper, then transfer to a ziploc and the banana pieces won’t stick together.)
- Put frozen bananas and cocoa powder in a food processor and process on high until creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately!
This post includes affiliate links.
- 1 medium banana has 105 calories, 14 g sugar, 3 g fiber (so 11 net carbs), potassium, magnesium, and vitamin B-6—those are natural vitamins and minerals, not “fortified”.
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder has just a few calories, but nearly 2 g fiber, and magnesium.
- I have this food processor. It’s one of the cheapest available, and definitely the best I’ve ever used (way better than Cuisinart and Kitchen Aid food processors!)
- I think the ice cream tastes better with yellow bananas, not the black, overripe bananas I freeze for banana bread & smoothies.
Cost per serving for Paleo Chocolate Banana Ice Cream: 38 cents!
- This is a great budget Paleo recipe for breakfast or dessert—just 38 cents per serving!
- 34 cents per banana: I get organic bananas for .68 per pound, and 1 banana weighs about 8 oz.
- 4 cents for 2 tsp cocoa powder: I buy 8 oz Hershey’s cocoa powder for $2.88. That’s 135 tsp. at 2 cents each.
More Paleo recipes for kids:
More Grocery Budget money-saving posts:
Paleo breakfast for kids! 2 ingredient chocolate banana ice cream in 30 seconds! Tastes like a banana Wendy’s frosty – Paleo soft serve ice cream dessert – No sugar – only natural sugar from the banana!