These Pumpkin-Jalapeno Meatballs are the last word in pumpkin-infused holiday treats!
This recipe makes about 2 lbs of meatballs (get the printable recipe below). I make a double batch so I can put fast food in my freezer for busy nights! It takes no time at all to reheat them for a quick, healthy meal.
[Affiliate links in this post are for your convenience and offer free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime. Get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime!]
Pumpkin-Jalapeno Meatballs Recipe
No, they don’t taste like pumpkin! Yes, they’re a little spicy! The flavor is out of this world—you can thank my mom for creating this delicious, healthy recipe!
There are tons of healthy ingredients in Pumpkin-Jalapeno Meatballs!
- Pumpkin: Vitamin A
- Jalapenos: Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Capsaicin (cancer-fighting and anti-inflammatory!)
- Mushrooms: Selenium, Vitamin D, Phosphorus
- Eggs: Protein, B vitamins
- Onions: Vitamin C, antioxidant
- Coconut flour: Protein and fiber, plus it’s phytic acid-free—good for your teeth!
- There are about 12 grams of fiber per batch thanks to the pumpkin, coconut flour, onion, mushroom, and jalapenos!
- There are more than 145 grams of protein per batch in this meatballs recipe! The ground beef has a ton of protein, of course, but do you know that coconut flour has 1 gram of protein per teaspoon?
It’s a budget Paleo recipe!
Pumpkin-Jalapeno Meatballs are gluten free, Paleo, and Whole30 approved—all 3 of those diets can be expensive to maintain if you purchase convenience foods. When you make your meatballs from scratch, you can upgrade to organic and save money on your grocery bill!
I use grass fed, organic ground beef to make my Pumpkin-Jalapeno Meatballs, plus I use organic ingredients, and each batch costs less than $12! If I can keep the kids from snatching meatballs before dinner, each batch makes enough for us to pig out on meatballs for 2 meals—that’s just $6 per meal for a family of 4 for a grass fed, organic main course! Add any sides you like and your dinner will serve 4 for less than $10! If you have more self control than we do when it comes to meatballs, you could definitely stretch one batch between 4–6 meals!
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 fresh jalapenos
- ½ cup onion
- ½ cup mushrooms
- 1 Tbsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp dried basil
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Put all ingredients except the meat in the blender and puree.
- Stir the pumpkin mixture into the ground beef.
- Form meatballs and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the meatballs are browned and cooked through.
Pumpkin-Jalapeno Meatballs recipe is included in the Healthy Living link party.
Not only are these Pumpkin-Jalapeno Meatballs gluten free, Paleo, and Whole30 approved, they’re filled with healthy ingredients that can be hard to get into your kids without a struggle! Put fast food in your freezer with this Pumpkin-Jalapeno Meatballs recipe!