This Sweet Tart Strawberry Sauce recipe fits the Paleo and Whole30 diets.
[Affiliate links in this post are for your convenience and offer free 2-day shipping with Amazon Prime. Get a free 30-day trial of Amazon Prime!]
Sweet Tart Strawberry Sauce Recipe
It’s naturally sweet and tart—I hate that terms like “sugar free” and “no added sugar” are now found on foods that contain artificial sweeteners—this recipe is naturally sugar free! Sweet Tart Strawberry Sauce is a super easy and versatile recipe!
- Fruit and veggie dip: it’s just like dipping your apples/peaches/celery into sweet, sticky jelly—-every kid’s dream!—but much more healthy.
- Dipping sauce for grilled chicken skewers (add a minced habanero pepper for heat!)
- Pour hot or cold sauce over ice cream
- Add it to smoothies that need extra sweetness—-or drizzle it on top!
- Eat it with a spoon!
- Substitute it for maple syrup on pancakes and waffles
- Fill crepes
- Spread like jam
- Make fruit leather
- Add a splash of olive oil and balsamic vinegar to make salad dressing
Get the printable recipe for Sweet Tart Strawberry Sauce below:
- 1 pint strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- ⅔ cup water
- Simmer strawberries and water over medium heat until the strawberries are soft enough to cut with a wooden spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Blend strawberries in the pan with an immersion blender.
- Cool and store refrigerated for up to 5 days, or freeze.
If you don’t have an immersion blender, get one! My immersion blender is my second favorite kitchen appliance (after my #1 favorite, my food processor! This is my food processor–it’s cheap and perfect!) I use it to puree sauces, soups, and make amazing guacamole! I just whir it in a glass of hot water to clean it—gotta love easy clean up!